Our ECD centre has been established for the residents and the working community of Pinelands
We have established a state of the art learning environment for ages
2 to 5 years that encourages learning through play whilst embracing the use of technology to provide access to learning material as well as to introduce learners to technology.
Child Care and Learning
- Professional, Qualified & Experienced
Teaching & Support Staff
- Low Child To Adult Ratio
- Full Day & Half Day Programmes
- Afterschool Care For Grade 1 To 5
- Holiday Care Programme
- Grow Learning Programme
(that feeds into the SA Caps Programme)
- On Site Extra Mural Activities
Including Dance & Swimming (Based on Demand from Parents)
- Brand New Play Park & Learning Equipment
- Web Enabled Plasma Screens In Each Classroom
- Use Of Tablets for Early Introduction To Technology
- On-site heated pool for swimming lessons
- Fun & Safe Biking Area, Trampoline
- Large Play Grounds
- Secure Premises, Multizoned Alarms & Cameras
- Health & Safety Certificate, Approved by The City Of Cape Town
- Fire Safety Certificate, Approved by The City Of Cape Town
- Open From 7:30am to 5:30pm
- Drop-off & Pick-up service for after care and ECD learner
- Fully Halaal Nutritious Meals
(specific dietary needs catered for)
- Venue hire for special occasions
(Saturdays, Public Holidays)
- Nursing assistance
Quality and Standards
We apply the national early learning and development standards (NELD). The NELD is a curriculum-related policy initiative focusing primarily on the early learning needs of learners, ensuring that children learn in an integrated way.
The desired results for learners stemming from the NELD include:
- How to think critically, solve problems and form concepts.
- Learners become more aware, develop positive self image and learn to manage their own behaviour.
- Learners demonstrate growing awareness of diversity and the need to respect and care for others.
- Learners learn to communicate effectively and use language confidently.
- Learning about mathematical concepts.
- Learners begin to demonstrate physical and motor abilities and an understanding of a healthy lifestyle.
About Mariam Kriel
Mariam is the founder of Mary’s Little Lambs. I am a mother of 3 little lambs with a passion for kids and creating a fun and nurturing environment for early childhood and development.
Our Daily Programme
07:30 · Teachers arrive
07:45 · Gate opens for children - Free play.
08:00 · Breakfast
08:30 · Toilet routine / Morning ring
09:15 · Fine motor activitiess
09:35 · Creative arts activities
10:00 · Pack-away time
10:15 · Snack time
10:40 · Toilet routine
10:50 · Outside play
11:15 · Music and movement
11:45 · Story time
12:00 · Option 1 half day dismissal
12:15 · Lunch time
12:30 · Option 2 half day dismissal
12:45 · Toilet routine / Nap time
14:00 · Wake up / Toilet routine
14:15 · Afternoon snack
14:30 · Outdoor play
15:30 · Clean up, get ready for home
16:00 · Free play Indoors
16:45 · Pack away time
17:00 · Story time
17:30 · Dismissal
14:30 · Arrive from school, snack and change clothing
15:00 · Start on homework
16:00 · Free time / play
17:30 · Pick-up
Extramural Weekly Programme
Tues · Dance lesson.
Thur · Swimming lesson