We help children learn to read, write, comprehend and express.
EDUHELP reveals each child's individual potential and strengths
to help them achieve socially and academically
Passionate about learner growth!
We help lay a solid foundation for your child's educational growth. Being able to communicate effectively is essential to any child's development. It lets them express their thoughts and interact competently in the classroom and confidently on the playground.
Helping all children
EDUHELP teaches children to read and write with confidence and meaning. Using sight, sound and touch, children learn to comprehend and express what they read, write and feel. We teach them to apply their own strengths to cope better with the schooling system.
EDUHELP has a unique and specialised approach to assist children with learning difficulties.
How EduHelp Works
We assess your child
The first appointment is an assessment to understand your child's reading, writing and spelling difficulties and how EduHelp could best assist your child.
We discuss the assessment with you
We meet with you to discuss the assessment and explain what we can do to help your child.
We prepare an individual programme
We prepare a tailor-made, individual programme to cater for your child's particular needs.
Your child attends EduHelp sessions
Depending on the age and maturity of your child, sessions are from 20 minutes to 1 hour long. Under our guidance they work through a set of exercises to address their difficulties. All learning is done individually, unless specified otherwise by EDUHELP.
Some of the areas in which EduHelp specialises
Assisting Grade 1 and 2 learners struggling to read and write and with numeracy skills.
Helping them to adjust to the school system
• Many children have difficulty moving from Grade R to Grade 1 and 2. We assist them in this adjustment.
• We maintain the child's confidence and self-esteem, whilst addressing their educational needs.
• Using techniques personalised for each child, we work on their problem areas or on improving their existing skills and abilities.
• We offer a safe and loving place for children who may excel academically, yet socially and emotionally need assistance to grow.
• We assist children with reading difficulties, who mix letters and reverse numbers, or who struggle to sit still and have low attention spans.
Preparing Grade R for Grade 1
• We develop your child's visual, hearing, movement and touch skills, improving their number and alphabet knowledge - The basics of numeracy and language skills.
• We enhance your child's expression skills, allowing them to ask questions with ease and learn independently.
• We use your child's preferred learning methods, working with them according to their ability, and progress at a level that is comfortable for them.
• We develop your child's creative and analytical abilities, laying a solid foundation for your child's educational and social growth.
Preparation for Grade 8
• We prepare Grade 7 learners for High School by developing confident communication skills, enhancing their creative thinking, and helping them with advanced level English.
• We work with your child to develop emotional and academic maturity for High School.
Children struggling with English? We tutor learners from Grade 1 to 7.
• Writing, spelling and grammar
• Comprehension and reading
• Orals, story telling and essays
• Research and creative writing
• English homework
• Learning English using your own skills
A child's emotional and social development is strongly linked to English language comprehension.
English is used as the language medium of most schools in South Africa.
"Aaqil started seeing Melissa in August 2010 at which point he was a shy, reserved, sometimes skittish child. He was having a little trouble finishing tasks at school and this was killing his confidence. I was very concerned. Within 2 weeks of starting, his pencil grip had improved (and is now perfect), this was a concern for his teacher who had been trying for the whole year to correct it. As the weeks progressed I noticed a dramatic change in my child. He was excited to go to school, loved doing his homework and most importantly, he was finishing his school work well within the allocated time. As time went by Aaqil's confidence grew and grew and in October he started reading. Melissa sent me a message just after his lesson and shared every achievement with him. He now looks forward to the weekly Biscuit Books and wants to read everything from cereal boxes to road signs. Edu-Help has done tremendous things for Aaqil and a boy who would previously have been an average student now has the confidence to tackle any task no matter how big or small. Thank you very much Melissa, you've made school a happy place for a scared little boy"
"Thank you for teaching me English! Good Buy, I am going to miss you." Grade 2
"I have been greatly impressed with my daughter's progress and developing proficiency in the understanding and writing of the language."
"My daughter, in Grade R, has begun reading independently and is developing a love for reading emanating from her developing confidence gained from her exposure from Melissa."
"I believe Melissa has an extraordinary gift to teach and understand the children she works with."
"My son, in Grade 5, really enjoyed your teaching method and your enthusiastic personality."
"I really appreciate the type of work you do to help all those that are struggling out there. Keep up the great work ."
"Thank you so much for making my grades go up and for teaching me." Grade 5
"You've been the greatest, coolest and funkiest teacher. Thank you so much!" Grade 5
Conditions: Please be aware that all sessions must be paid for in advance, and if you are late or miss your session you will be charged. Please kindly note that lateness and missing lessons will result in your child missing out on essential time and help.